Thursday, April 19, 2007

Peacock Post...

If only I could get Sigourney Weaver to narrate. He put on quite a show for us today. It must have gone on for 45 minutes. The pea hens were up on the roof and, well, it's Spring. He made the strangest noises and did this crazy feather ruffle that sounded like wind, and then he started picking htings up and throwing them around and pecking at the hose. It was bizzarre and beautiful. And he's gotten so used to me, he did all this five feet away from me sitting on the bench out front.

Click on the picture to play the video...




The chicks came down from the roof. Pun intended there. But they gave our poor peacock no play. They acted aloof and munched on some bird seed. And then flew up on the roof again. He kept at it, like I said, for 45 minutes or so. And the chicks would come back, and eat some more, and leave again. Eventually they headed off up the street.

I felt so bad for him. It reminded me of me from adolescence to age 32 or so.


Maybe he should get a Corvette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home