Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grubbin'

It's been a while since I hit you with a recipe.

I made this last night...

We ate it again tonight.

Rice subtly flavored with garlic, onions, and Teryaki sauce. Stir fry vegetables with multi-colored carrots, asparagus (finally in season and no longer $8.99/lb), onions, garlic, fresh ginger, and red and white cabbage - all quickly fried in sesame oil , seasoned with a little salt, a little pepper, a little soy sauce, and a little Chinese five spice, then sort of steamed out in vegetable broth, slightly thickened with corn starch. And then there's the beef with string beans. Neat trick - I blanched the string beans first and put them in ice water. I marinated the beef strips in rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic for about two hours. Then I cooked the meat, drained the fat, and then re-oiled the pan and fried the beans quickly over high heat. Then I pushed the beans up the side, added some chicken broth and corn starch to make a sauce. When the beans were done, I mixed it all together and added back the drained meat. Vegetarians and Meatasaurusses were all pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home