Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's baseball - where's Spring?

Jake's first game was today.



I thought we were bundled up enough, but MAN! it was cold. I had to run home for a blanket and heavier jackets. I also grabbed an umbrella, just in case. And we were glad I did. Here's Rachel saying, "What took you so long! I'm freezing!"


Jake played well enough. Got the bat on the ball and hustled. His team got clobbered, though. A really bad first inning, I'm told. I was on the blanket run and missed it. Ten runs or something. But after that, they played great - scored some runs, and even had a 1-2-3 inning. They lost the first inning and won the next four.

Here's the hard part for me - Jake's team is the (frigging) Yankees. And I kept trying to cheer for them, but I just can't bring myself to say it. "Let's go Yan...Ya...Y...um...Let's go you guys!"

I try to say it, but it just sticks in my throat. Especially sitting on the sidelines in my Red Sox jacket. It's gonna be a long season.

At least there's not a kid named "Stanford" on the team.

As I type this, Jonathan Papelbon is about to shut down the Yankees for a save in the 9th. Sorry Glenn.
OK, I'm not really sorry. Not at all. But I do like you a lot.

Here's dinner tonight.




That's basically a Thai Coconut Curry dish. In there is green beans, potatoes, peas, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and chicken. Everything but the potatoes were quickly stir fried and then added to the mix. It's all just simmering now. I'm gonna go boil up some noodles and get to eating in front of the fire Rachel built. That's right, I cook, she builds the fire. I'm hoping the spice of the curry and warmth of the food and the fire will take this chill off.

Jeter just struck out on a 98 mph fast ball. I kind of hope he walks Abreu so he can strike out A-Rod. But no. He flies out to Coco.

7-5 is your final.

And tomorrow we're throwing DICE-K!!!! Sorry Glenn. OK, I'm not sorry. Not at all.

Where's that broom of mine?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do it...LET'S GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...and I'm SURE I can provide a jersey, hat and jacket if you need some gear to root with!!!!!! ...Evil Seester.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

New York, New York big city a' dreams
but everthing in New York aint always what it seems-
You might get fooled by a sweep at Fenway Park
But this weekend it's theYankees who gonna
knock em off the chart!
Whoo! Whoo!
That's the sound o tho police!
Whoo! Whoo!
Big Papi eat a lotta yeast!

(hope the pitching's bettern' my rappin!
Lord have mercy!)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home