Sunday, June 17, 2007

Slowly, slowly, slowly, up, up, up...

This project has been going on for a while now. And it is finally coming together. If I had a cigar, I'd say it like Hannibal. But I don't, so I won't.

If Lauren and Paul were to renew their vows this August...



...They'd need to do it in their swimming costumes...





Rachel has always wanted a pool. I mean, we have the community pool, and the lake, of course, but sometimes when it's 97 degrees out, you just want to cool off RIGHT NOW!!!

And aside from the cost, we have leach lines from our septic, so we can't have a real pool. But Laurie has one of these and loves it. And they were on sale. And Rachel got one. And we've been working on setting it up for a couple of weeks now.

Flat ground is critical. And you'd probably be amazed at how not flat the ground you think is flat really is. Especially over 18 ft. We rented a roto-tiller from Hardester's to help. And I hit the sprinkler system. Of course. Just like with the Bobcat. But it was actually a blessing in disguise as I was able to disable the sprinkler that would have just watered the side of the pool.

Rachel and I put it together today. And it's been filling for about 4 hours now. Probably 3 more to go. I am not looking forward to next month's water bill. When it comes, I am going to go jump in the pool.

What cracks me up is how this addition to the Hotel Yorba compliments our lifestyle. I've come to realize that we live with one foot firmly planted in the wine country and the other in Hickville. So now, to go with our $5,000 spa, we have a $200 above ground pool.

I bet you that the roto-tiller rental and water bill will be more than the pool itself. But whatever- It will be fun. And I'm confident we'll get our money's worth even if it only lasts one season.

Better go check on it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro...
The pool looks awesome. You will definately get your money's worth...I sat in mine last night for about an hour and the outside temp was only around 80! (I think my usage is down to like .83I have a feeling you will be floating much of the summer! Plus this is my second year so make sure you let it dry out completely before to put it away for the winter to avoid the stinky moldy yuck!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be ".83 cents" per day since I bought it...I guess I forgot to finish that sentence...Your cost is seeminly much more, since it collapsed & all! I think Mr Treu would be honored to know you were thinking of him!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home