Friday, July 06, 2007

I Cooked Some Today...

Tomorrow I'm going over the hill to visit my friends and former roommates, Mike and Angela and their two kids - one just 21 or so days old. So it's the first time I'll see Joe, their new baby.

And it's the first time I've been to their new house. I wasn't sure what to bring - gift for new house or new baby or both?

So I settled on making them a couple of lasagnas.
I've been told that cooking meals is a bummer with a newborn in the house. And what warms a house more than lasagna?

Here's a trick when making sauce - if your spoon will stand up like this...

...your sauce is thick enough.

I've dealt with more than half of this...

I've got the dishwasher running a load right now. And if I have time, I'll finish up in the morning.

I hear Jake is getting spoiled and having a great time. And Rachel went to not one, but two malls today. So she's having a blast, too.

My plan is to get up early, get over the hill, and go to LensCrafters. Then bop around the mall. I'd like to find a swim mask and snorkel for fun and cleaning the bottom of the pool. And I could use some sneakers. Then it's off to Mike and Angela's by 1:00. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUDE! That kitchen was CLEAN when I left!!!
Um, you weren't planning on giving Mike & Ang THAT bottle of wine I brought for YOU, are ya?!?!? Or did you use it for the lasagna? In which case...You used the bottle of wine I got you for LASAGNA?!? Sylvia Sebastiani would be proud!!!

Have fun over the hill.
-Monica Geller

2:10 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Never cook with a wine you wouldn't drink. And of course, to honor that maxim, I had a few glasses while cooking.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home