Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pre-emptive Independence Day Celebration...

Some of you may be wondering why you weren't invited to our big 4th of July Party this year. Well, the reason is we didn't have one this year. Partly because Rachel and Jake are back East having a ball. And partly because the 4th is on a Wednesday this year. And they decided to have the fireworks show on Tuesday night. Which makes it tough to have a party. But next year, the 4th is on a Friday - so we should be back in business again. Put it in your calendars now.

Laurie came up. And our dear friends Frank and Marla came over. And we grilled some steaks and chicken and ribs. Laurie made this awesome couscous/sausage/Zucchini dish. I made dirty rice. I was going to make strawberry ice cream, but just couldn't swing it. Plus we had cheesecake and chocolate cake and all.

We spent a lot of time in the pool.




And I dunked...
Laurie got us this nifty pool float with a built in cup holder AND cooler!

There should be a lot more pictures, but I goofed once again. Laurie was taking a bunch of pictures when all of a sudden, we see Brie running around the yard with a brick of cheddar. Cheddar-Brie? Anyway, before we actually retrieved the cheese, we needed to take a picture. And Laurie took one and then turned to me and said, "What does 'No CF' mean?"

Of course, that means there is no compact flash card in the camera.

I would like to think that if you go to heaven when you die, you get to see a slide show of all of the great pictures you missed in your life.

Anyway, we got the card in and...

I had every intention of getting the video camera set up so I could record the show for Rachel and Jake. But then I couldn't find the charger or my tripod. And I decided to just relax and enjoy the show. And while I am bummed that I didn't record the show, I am proud of me for not worrying about it. I did enjoy the show. And I did take one crummy picture...
It wasn't the best show. I don't think anything could top the first year for us - it was really emotional and all. And it wasn't a great fun all day party like we've had in the past. And, of course, I missed Rachel and Jake. But it was a blast hanging out with my sister, and having dinner with Frank and Marla, and watching Dre have a blast in the pool. I got my relax on with a little help from friends and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home