Friday, August 03, 2007

I stayed with Cuz-a-licious...

His place looked about the same as the last time we were there. That last time was when he was moving in.

Now he's moving out.

I had an appointment at Robert Half on Tuesday morning, and so I went down to stay in Pleasanton with Cuz the night before. It was a treacherous drive. And then it was a nightmare trying to find his apartment at night. And we played about 45 minutes of Marco Polo just trying to hook up. And we were about ready to issue an amber alert for Serra, who was out looking for me, but then she was found with the help of neighbors.

She is getting way to big way too fast. Kind of like Jake.


I got there too late, but we stayed up later talking about this and that and God and Jesus and work and relationships and Guitar Hero II. It was great.

And he is even the kind of guy changes the sheets and lets you sleep in his bed while he sleeps on the couch.

And I'm the kind of guy who would be there tomorrow helping him move if I didn't have family coming up this weekend.


Sorry Cuz - Sorry from way deep down, man.


Also, sorry for this...


One of the (few) little annoying things about living with Rachel is the endless bottles of various products in the shower with just an ounce or two left in them. And, of course, this is nothing compared to the (many) little (and big) annoying things about living with me. I just want my little shelf in the shower with my stuff on it and nothing else. And we've worked that out. And her stuff lives on the big shelves and on the rail of the door and the floor and such. But it is NOTHING compared to Cuz's shower.

The drive home was just as treacherous. Even withthe stop off to see Laurie on the way back. The Trooper has been troubling for some time. And it stalled a couple of times on the mountain. And with the weird engine noises and the replaced instrument cluster that left me still with a busted speedometer and odometer, and the fact that I wouldn't let Rachel drive it, and that it's a '95 with 140,000 miles on it and with Rachel's commute in the Winter, well, this is a nice segue to my next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home