Monday, July 23, 2007

Overnight Guests at the Hotel Yorba...

Lauren and Paul have been off for a week or so on a 3000+ mile road trip from California up through Oregon and Washington, in to Canada, and after a 40 minute or so wait to make sure he's not a terrorist, they motored on through Idaho and Montana and then back home. They woke up in Yreka Sunday and called ahead for a reservation at the Hotel Yorba to end their trip.

Fortunately, Michael was here last week and things were in order for the most part. I took a trip to the store for drinks and dinner and we had a great afternoon. We spent a lot of time in the pool.


Rachel invented a new use for the pool noodle - fill it with water and blow it at somebody. I caught her sneaking up behind me with it and I quickly blew in my end while she was taking a deep breath on her end. And it was one of those "I assure you that despite my laughter, I am truly sorry for what just happened to you and for making the water go up your nose like that...really...I am sorry."

Laurie's beverage cooling "Pool Warming" gift came in handy.

I put together some yum-yums. Fruit platter, cheese and crackers, and chips and guacomole. It was so hot out we had sort of a solar fondue going before long.


The dogs have not fought, even with food around, since we started them on the Puppy Prozac a month and a half ago. That's been nice, and taken a lot of stress off the old marriage.


This is Paul doing one of many impressions of the various road kill they saw on their trip. I believe this one was a squirrel.


I put this little flower pot together last week.


I know that last picture is a little irrelevant, but I think it's pretty.

So it was a nice end to the weekend. We were all pretty tired and crashed out early. We were really wishing it was Saturday, but alas, work today.

I'm hoping my friend from high school, Elise and her two kids will come for a visit while they are in town, but we are having a hard time getting plans together.

Oh, I almost forgot - Rachel got a job title change last week with an assurance of a commensurate raise at her next review. She's now the "Administrative Supervisor" and they've budgeted for a part time assistant for her.

I'm taking some on line training courses this week before my next project kicks off later in the week. I'm learning all about Interaction Attendant and getting my recertification on CIC 2.4. And when my security card comes in the mail, I'll be taking some sort of OSHA safety training. The project is for Wisconsin Power and Light, so I may get to visit with Mr. Frings at some point.

The forecast says we'll hit 98 today. I think it's going to be hotter than that. It was 78 at around 9:00 this morning and it just feels like an oppressive triple digit day on the way. We've been really good about the not using the A/C, but I think I'm gonna need it this afternoon.

That's it for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this obsession with flowers? Will you start talking about Broadway musicals next?

btw - Avenue Q has a great soundtrack - especially the internet song.

-Joe

10:48 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

Yeah, not so much in to the show tunes. But I will discuss the window treatment I came up with for our bedroom.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home