Saturday, July 07, 2007

Went to see the new baby...

...and the new house.

Their new house is beautiful. When we all lived together, this house hadn't even been built yet. Ang and Mike weren't quite married back then, either. Rachel and I just started dating. And we were all just starting out in our respective careers. Now it's ten or so years later and we've all come a long way. Their place is incredible - the back yard is beautifully landscaped with a pool and spa and all. Most of their neighbors are dead as they have a cemetery behind them. It's a nice quiet street with lots of kids in the neighborhood.

And they've got two kids now. Matt has grown up a lot since the last time I saw him.

Joe is beautiful. But I have to be honest - he's a little boring. He is just about three weeks old, so it's pretty much eat and sleep for him. Ang says it's every three hours for the cycle.

We sat around and talked, and swam, and then Mike and I went to Costco for steaks for dinner. And I got to tell Mike the great story about how my cousin Brian and I painted the Costco sign.


I also got myself a snorkel and mask and fins set for 40 bucks. I kind of miss Costco. It's like WalMart, but better stuff. And the clientele is a different sort of rude selfish person with better teeth.

Angela is in that "I just had a baby and don't want my picture taken" phase, but she agreed to just one.

Dinner was grubbin'.
And I got to read Matt a story. He loves him his Shel, he does.
Mike and I talked until 10:30 or so, and then I headed home.

I was feeling a little nostalgic, so I got gas at Shell and drove past the folks house on my way out of town. It's funny to me how you remember a place the way it was when you haven't been there in a while. There's all of these stop signs that I knew were there, but since they weren't there for most of my life, they seemed new again.

I got home to an 80 degree house. I had set the thermostat at 80 to keep the dogs from melting while I was away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home