Friday, September 14, 2007

Well, It's On!

(84-63)

(89-59)



Final
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
R
H
E

NY Yankees 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 6 0 8 12 2




Boston 0 1 1 3 0 2 0 0 0 7 13 2


WP: B. Bruney (3-1) S: M. Rivera (27)
LP: J. Papelbon (1-3)



Can somebody tell me how this all happened? I left in the 5th to pick up Jake from the golf course with my beloved Sox up 5-1 and Dice-K looking strong. I went to the Demon-Mart to pick up Rachel's prescription. I got an e-mail about Glenn accepting the bet. And I'm excited because I figure I'm a game up. And I'm thinking, maybe Glenny will sign the portrait and mail it to me. And I'll frame it and put it over the bar, or perhaps in my office next to the portrait those cute British girls gave me.

And then I get home and see the score on my Yahoo home page. And I think, no, that can't be right. That must be a typo. Or perhaps that F is really a 9...no...No...NOOOOOOO! How could this happen?

My Dad, also a fan, and a Yankee hater, used to say, "They'll break your hearts in August." But it's September. And my heart isn't broken. At least not yet.

I'm just worried about how fat I'm going to look in Jake's Yankees jersey.

Could somebody please explain to Mr. Papelbon what a "closer" is supposed to do.

And before Glenn can post a comment, I'll say it for him...

"I'm sure Mr. Rivera could explain it...if talks slowly and doesn't use any big words."

All right. It's OK. It's OK. It's OK.

Two games to go. Plenty of beer and a big screen to watch them on.

In the meantime, maybe Rachel will watch Fever Pitch with me again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

nuttin' like a rubber match...
Clemens v. Schilling...
don't get much better'n this!
good luck E!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home