Monday, October 22, 2007

Good day today...

I overslept and missed breakfast. But that's OK, as I'm not that big on breakfast, and there was plenty of stuff to snack on. And coffee.

Last night, I put in this CD they gave away at dinner while I ironed some shirts. This morning, when my alarm went off, instead of buzzing, it played the CD. And the CD was 60 minutes of soothing instrumentals.

Anyway, I was glad I ironed my shirts yesterday as it enabled me to get out the door and down to the conference pretty quickly. I attended some good sessions, and I ran in to Felix who introduced me to the guy I needed to meet. So there's one item on my to do list. I still have to meet with him and get some support, and I think it will happen. Well begun is half done and all.

Anyway - I really didn't understand where I am exactly, so I Google-mapped it. Here you go...

I'm a long way from home. And I'm looking forward to getting tings done and getting home and getting back to work. Laurie took over taking care of Rachel today. So she and Jake are in good hands. And Rachel has a crafting partner. I spoke to them all tonight and it sounds like they are having fun.

Tonight, dinner was on some boats. Yachts, I guess? Three big ones. I got lucky and got on the one with a band. And for dinner, there was roast beef, and it was served with a fantastic sauce I never would have thought of - olive oil based with a bit of vinegar, salt, and pepper, red pepper flakes, cillantro, parsley, garlic, and onions. It almost look like pesto. And it was awesome.

Lots of meat chotchkey and giveaways. Light up margarita glasses and flashing plastic ice cubes. I intend to bring them home and invent some sort of cocktail called "A Seizure." I am open to suggestions for ingredients. I also got a couple of sombreros, thos nifty flip-flops, and a stuffed kangaroo.

Tomorrow afternoon is the group outing activity. I ended up picking the cooking class at the Florida Culinary Institute. That should be cool. Rumor has it we will learn to make desserts. And aside from my Triple Chocolate Disaster cookies and Jamie Oliver's Chocolate Pot, I don't know much about making desserts. So it should be cool.

Night night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think seizure I think that scene from the Andromeda Strain with the flashing red light. So maybe it has something red like grenadine. Someone else please add on to this and refine the recipe.

-Scott

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home