Friday, March 07, 2008

Despite the grey day...

Spring is here. I think a lot of the grey was due to a fire somewhere - ash was falling on our deck. But I can hear the Spring birds, we saw some peregrin falcons doing a mating dance today, and of course, there's the peacocks. And then there's my neighbor's plum tree.



Which is so close to our fence that it is probably technically our tree, but I digress.

And then there's this...


That's right - I don't care what Phil the groundhog says - when the Girl Scout Thin Mints are in the fridge, Spring is here.

Also, there are several things to point out in the next picture...

I am learning to drink tea. And liking it.

That coffee (or tea) mug was free and I couldn't figure out why. I must have drank from it 20 times since we got it, and it wasn't until today that I noticed that it says, "Middletow Mustangs" when it should, of course say, "Middletown Mustangs." Rachel has used it too. How did we not notice that?

If you look at the screen, in the lower left, that's a TV picture right on my computer desktop. And when I mute the sound, closed captioning automatically starts. I can't say it's love, but I really really really like my new computer.

And it has a remote control.

Have I said anything about work lately? I wrapped up a name capture application that works really well for a project we might win. I can't say anything about it until we win it, but if we do, it will be pretty huge - a nationwide high profile application. Probably the second biggest thing I've ever had the opportunity to contribute to.

Also, we are trying to close a Credit Union banking application. And we have a second customer wanting the same thing. And six or eight others as well. If this one hits, I will get to build something from scratch that will make a whole big bunch of money for my employer. And I will get to spend a couple of months in the bat cave (my office) doing the hard core design and development work that I love to do.

Also, Rachel just came in to tell me that she wants to watch TV less and read more and asked me to support her in that effort. No problem - I'm all for it. And I think Jake will join us too.

That's it for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Seymour said...

This post just made me happy. I think it was the combinations of "Middletow", the thin mints harbinger, the plum tree, how happy you get from the automatic closed captioning on your computer, and the vision of family reading night. And the 'you' that ties it all together.

Happy.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I picture Rachel walking in & saying - can I speak to you - followed by an "Uh huh" and a wrestling match for your new remote, followed by the conversation about her TV viewing habits (as you are trying the read the very small closed captioning on your computer). And your response of: "Sure sure, I'll support you if YOU want to watch less TV - now can I have my remote back?"

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home