Friday, May 02, 2008

Our recent guests...

Laurie and Brianna stayed with us recently. For about a week. It was a great visit, we hung out and talked and played and goofed. The dogs all got along too.






Although my dogs don't think it's fair that Brie can be on the furniture and they can't.





And we have to explain, "Well Moe, and Cody, the Hotel Yorba is a services business and we must be accomodating to the unique needs of all of our guests."



I learned that my little sister has no fear of electricity.





I've been meaning to replace the light fixtures out front since...oh, since about the day we moved in here. And Laurie banged them out in an afternoon.





Rachel helped...







And she also repaired the grout on our front porch...


And I took the usual teasing about being Marty Stewart and was told that I should just go bake a cake or something.

It seems that there was once a bee colony behind this one. And that bee colony was replaced by a spider den.



Work's been really busy for me. And while I worked, the girls crafted. They did another batch of Mosaic projects.


And we went and watched Jake play ball. He's been getting in the lineup more. And he's been doing well. In 4 at bats, he's had a hit, two walks, a stolen base, and scored a run.


He's got another game today here against Willits. And then Monday at Ft. Bragg. I never had to drive two hours for high school sports outside of the occasional wrestling tournament. But when you live in the sticks, that's the way it goes. Lake County Schools play Mendocino and Sonoma county schools.


My Dad always said, "A walk's as good as a hit." I'm not sure if this is going to work as I shot the video with my cell phone, but here goes...

Oh great, it came out sideways. Well, just tilt your head.

Or your monitor.

Other than that, our roses are popping in all kinds of beautiful colors - oranges and reds and pinks and purplesm, and our lawns, front and back, need some attention. And I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get to them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the thing I enjoyed the most about the video was "dad" doing the traditional parent thing of calling out encouragement while he is trying to concentrate.

I'm glad he was able to overcome that and get on base 3 times. That is a pretty good offensive day.

Hm... electricity, bees and spiders- sounds like too much for me. I think I should probably just go put my apron back on & let the women do the dangerous work.

We have a new porch light in the garage... and a new faucet... and some shelving... and welll... there is more stuff out there waiting for me attention. This week was painting my wifes office. It is a lovely lavender with white trim and some tinkerbell highlights. Definitely her office.

-Joe

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were mistaken, it is obvious. [url=http://cgi3.ebay.fr/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=acheter_levitra_ici_1euro&achat-levitra]levitra generique [/url] What from this follows?

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home