Saturday, April 29, 2006

25 piles of barf...

...all around the house. That's what I woke up to this morning. Actually, that's what Rachel woke up to. She just woke me up to tell me about it. Sorry, let me back up a bit. She woke up to the neighbor's dog barking at 7:45 AM on a Saturday. She went to call security and saw lots of barf on her way to the phone (we've talked to them about it and it got better for a while, but it's gotten much worse again lately). She then woke me up to tell me about it. I called the vet and took Cody down at 11.

Yep, it was Cody this time. Same symptoms that Moe had last week. So we're a bit perplexed. Did they eat something bad at the same time and it just hit Moe first? Did Cody discover whatever it was that Moe ate last week? Is there something in the yard growing that they eat and is bad for them? It's a mystery.

While waiting for the vet to call back, I called the neighbor that owns the dog. She's really nice and blogs here on Blogger as well. But her dog is a meance. He got out yesterday and maimed or killed another neighbor's cat. Rumor has it he bit a kid in the neighborhood. And sweet little Emily from up the street walks around with a golf club because she's scared of the dog getting loose. I warned her that if something should happen, the dog has a history and they could lose their house. If that dog were to bite Andrea next door, Tony would catch the dog, take it to their house, ring the doorbell, and kill it right in front of her kids.

I didn't tell her that last part.

Anyway, it's a bummer. And we've tried being good neighbors about it and it's not working. I talked to my vet about it while I was there with Cody and he had some advice involving training and shock or citronella collars. I e-mailed his advice to her. But we are done with this. We are calling security from now on.

I've been telling my sister she should move to a community like this because if you have problems with your neighbors that you can't work out on your own, you have regs, security, and the board to resolve issues. Hopefully it will work. We'll see.

I mowed the lawn today and pulled some weeds. And I'm pretty beat. I'm going to go take a shower, grill some tri-tip, eat some dinner, drink a couple of beers or a cocktail and relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home