Friday, May 05, 2006

The Ultimate...

No, not two chicks at the same time.

Ted, maybe you should skip this one. Or not. I have honestly been working on cooking healthier. But not last night. Last night, I improved on my previous One Sided Toast sandwich with the Ultimate Peanut Butter And Bacon Sandwich. Which is pretty much as far from healthy as yo can get short of, say, a bacon grease milkshake.

Now, there are pretty much two camps when it comes to bacon and peanut butter sandwiches - those who think it is a disgusting concotction, and those who have actually had one. I have never met anyone who has had one that does not find it delicious. I never would have thought of such a thing, but my Dad used to make them. I don't know where he got the idea.

Anyway, I applied my new toast technique to this classic, and it was amazing! The main benefit over the old way is that the peanut butter does not get so drippy that it falls out of the sandwich.

Rachel took Jake over the hill for some blodwork yesterday, and so I had the house and the kitchen to myself. I got to work...















Here's what the toast looks like when done...















And here's my spread.




That's where I stopped taking pictures. I think I would be too disgusted with myself if I took a picture of myself eating this meal in bed watching T.V.

The dogs are doing better today. Moe is still taking things slow. But they ate their breakfast and went outside to do their business. And they did their business well. And the Middletown Animal Hospital called today to check on them. I can't recommend them highly enough if you are in the area and your animals ever get sick.

Oh, and I came across this .gif. It's small, but it cracks me up.




5 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Byrne said...

peanut butter AND bacon? good heavens man! Brilliant!!!!
+ i get a kid with swimmies thinking the pool was two feet closer? BEST. POST. EVER!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spettro on Grand Ave in Oakland had a peanut butter and bacon pizza that was to die for. Perhaps you could improve on this with a peanut butter and bacon pizza crock?

By the way, if you want to go a little healthier, try soy nut butter. It's not too bad.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Eric Soderstrom said...

PBB Pizza? I can't even imagine what that would look like. Was the peanut butter the sauce? Was there cheese?

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a good five years, but I'm pretty sure peanut butter replaces the red sauce, and there is no cheese. A quick google search found only one site for peanut butter pizza recipes which had the PB going on after the dough cooked. So it would probably be cooked dough, then peanut butter, then cooked bacon, then maybe back in the oven again on low to get that PB the right consistancy and the bacon settled into it.

Be interesting to see what 10-15 minutes at 400° does to peanut butter, though.

Like my use of ASCII 248?

-Scott

6:52 PM  
Blogger Ted Seymour said...

Hey, I'd happily eat that PBB sandwich. It sounds quite tasty. Pound for pound, nothing this side of saffron has more flavor crystals than bacon. It sure is yummy. There was a line from "City Slickers" I believe, after the Jack Palance character had died and someone expressed some surprise/dismay, Billy Crystal's character replied, "The man had bacon with every meal!" Maybe you could have a Bacon Council of America day by starting with Bacon and Eggs, moving on to a PBB, Bacon Crock Pizza for dinner and a bacon grease creme brulee for desert served on a bed of marinated pork rinds.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home