Friday, July 14, 2006

July Catch Up - Lauren's Birthday...

So our family tradition (2 years in a row constitutes a tradition with us as our family is relatively new) is a barbecue at Lauren and Paul's to celebrate Lauren's birthday before our 4th of July Party.

Here's Lauren opening presents...


It was a fun day at the coast. We got some sun before the fog rolled in. Paul was despondent earlier in the day because England fell out of the World Cup. but he bounced back. I was afraid we would show up and find him drunk, locked in the bedroom, fondling his Smiths records. But he was up and about and working the grill like only he can. Miles McNaught used to be my grill guru, and I learned a lot from him - I just don't have the set up for mesquite aside from the little tray on my gas grill. And a gas grill is simply blasphemy to him. Oh, and he likes it HOT - so I did learn to add hot sauce to my marinades. Now Paul is my grill guru where a barbecue is an all day affair with lots of variety. If you ever go to a barbecue at Lauren and Paul's, bring a big appetite and limit yourself when the first, second and third courses come out. Because there will be a fourth, fifth, and sixth course on the way.


It was a bunch of fun and we got to see Jeff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home