Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ahhh...Exercise...


...this is my new workout idea. But I don't think it will catch on, or even work for anyone but English majors. A lot of people obsess on the amount of time they spend exercising. Like, if I work out 40 minutes a day for six weeks, I will be fit.

Well, I'm trying something different. I've taken the longest novel I own and I'm reading it on the elliptcial machine. By the time I finish Infinite Jest again, I should be a lot thinner.

Yes, that's a sauna suit. I don't wear it every time because it looks and feels ridiculous. Plus I sweat so much, my glasses fog up. But it's good once in a while. Lately I've been wearing these cool workout clothes I bought with the employee discount at Nautilus.

Anyway, reading takes my mind off the fact that I'm exercising. And I made a few workout play lists on my iPod. Somehow it's easier to work out for 8 or 9 songs than it is to work out for 40 minutes.

What's on the play lists? Here's a few...

Rolling Stones - Street Fighting Man and Gimme Shelter (gives me a rush every time)
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Detroit Disciples - Good Life
Talking Heads - Take Me To The River
Tom Petty - American Girl
Robert Plant - Big Log (for warm up and cool down)
Guns and Roses - Paradise City
Lou Reed - Romeo and Juliet
Neil Young - Someday
White Stripes - Hotel Yorba

I dropped about 20 pounds since August. But I've probably put 5 back on in the last couple of weeks.

This is the hardest time of year for losing weight. I'm proud of myself for eating well and exercising wile on the road. Aside from the occasional Royal Burger, I had a smoothie for lunch every day and ate sensible meals for dinner usually. But now I'm faced with Halloween - it's been way too easy to grab a Payday or a Snickers. And Thanksgiving is coming up - lots of cooking and eating. And then Christmas and baking and all of that. But we're gonna keep on it.

Rachel's been exercising a lot too. She's down 15 pounds or so. And she is starting to notice it. I bought her a couple of workout outfits as well. And she looks great in them. It's easier when we exercise together.

I guess it's all about finding ways to make exercise easier. I'm thinking about turning the "sun room" in to an exercise room. Gotta get those pesky leaks fixed first. But that's another post - me and ready mixed cement patch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home