Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Like Huey Lewis...

...I'm gonna go back in time. How was that one, Glenn?

Never got these pictures up. One of the high points of my trip to Vancouver was that Rachel came up for a weekend visit.
I got coffee in bed.















And we went to see Rachel's friend Betsy. They've been friends since junior high. Betsy is great. She's smart and funny and one of the goofiest people I know. Totally unique. And she is incredicbly creative. Our walls are blessed with some of her prints. I'll point them out to you the next time you visit. It was great to see them together. They hadn't seen each other since Lauren and Paul's wedding.

We went out for breakfast.







While we waited for a table at Wavy Gravy, I went to a record store that had a really cool listening station...








...while the girls had coffee.

I dug this
girl's tattoo and she was nice enough to let me take a picture of her and put it on my blog (I assured her I wouldn't show her face)...





After a great breakfast - the hash browns were like a bird nest and the Biscuits and Gravy were phenomenal. And I don't even really like biscuits and gravy.








Anyway, then Betsy took us to see a bunch of waterfalls. Multnomah was probably the most impressive.
And I like this picture of us. Neat thing - All of the hiking we did was much more fun because we've been exercising. It was a little rough on Rachel's back, but we iced it and all.



And then off to the Rose Garden (Portland is the "Rose City"). We took time to stop and smell the roses.




Then we went to Powell's Books - The "City of Books." It is massive. And it has an elevator with three doors.



And then we had Greek food for dinner.

On Sunday we hung out, went to The Tin Shed for brunch, did a little shopping and just sort of hung out. Then Betsy had to go to work. Rachel and I had this weirdwindow of time before her flight and we couldn't decide what to do. So we went to the airport, hung out, and read. That was surprsingly fun.


I'd like to do that
more often when I have to travel. We've only done it once before - to Chicago. Both times it has been a blast. My next trip is to Trinidad and Tobago, but it's only a week. Sorry baby. I'll send a post card. More on that later. And when I go to Pennsylvania, I think she'll come out to see family in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home