Monday, August 13, 2007

Learned alot...

Between books and Ted's expertise and explanations, I learned all about f-stops and ISO and such. After reviewing a few of the early pictures, I realized that my exposures were a bit long and they got grainy. But I did get one meteor. It's a little tough to see, but there it is - that faint reddish streak. Starts with a little blob and heads to the right, generally perpendicular to the arc of the stars.

I'm a little disappointed that that's all I got, but I think my expectations were a little high. It is a big sky, after all - and it's a bit like looking through a straw at the ocean. Anyway, Rachel liked this one with our house in the frame...


And, of course, it was great hanging out with Ted. We talked about stuff, caught up on stuff, took a hot tub and stuff, and then went to sleep and stuff. Rachel watched for a little bit, but was tired and had to get in to work early, and so went to bed.

I'm going to practice a bit more with the night shooting and the different settings on my camera. Hopefully I'll be better prepared for next year, or perhaps the Leonids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home