Sunday, November 04, 2007

On the ground, safe and sound (again)...

Well, it started out a little rough. I set the alarm for 7:00. And when it went off, we hit snooze. And when I woke up, it was 8:00. And I freaked. Got coffee going, started packing, drank a cup, went for the shower and then saw on my cell phone that the time was 7:39.

7:39? Oh yeah -the clocks went back. That was a lucky break. Hopefully a harbinger for this trip.

Rachel ended up taking me to the airport. I drove there and she drove back. I talked to her and she says she feels fine. Nice to see her improving after all of the hard work she has been putting in with her rehabilitation and physical therapy.

I slept most of the way. Seats on Northwest give you way more room than seats on Southwest. And by "way more" I mean 5 inches or so. But it makes a big difference.

I got down in Minneapolis-St. Paul just in time to watch most of the 4th quarter of the New England-Indy game. Bummer, that. I was pulling for the Colts. Saw the Raiders lost to Houston and I don't even feel like reading the wrap up to find out how and why. But I've got Sports Center on. I had a quesadilla made with a potato tortilla - a little like roti in Trinidad.

It is a little late in life to be figuring this out, but I think I get sports now. I mean, I've always liked them. But I didn't get how people could be so in to scores and players and stats and such. I realize now that it feels good to be an "expert" about something. And it is a nice feeling to be able to voice a reasoned opinion. And to make predictions and see them come true. And if they don't, well, it's only a game.

Anyway, This picture is a little blurry...

But it's a Starbucks and then Rock Bottom. All this time, I thought that Starbucks was the worst place on Earth, but it turns out it's just the last stop before rock bottom.

Then I hopped another plane for the short flight to Green Bay. I slept again.

Then to the Hertz counter where I picked up the keys to my Chevy Impala with Neverlost. Got my bags and Neverlost got me to my hotel. Called Rachel. Then got the laptop up and running to check my fantasy team and Pick 'Em league picks and called Cuz. I won my fantasy game. Quin Gray came through big time. And I kicked myself for dropping Cromartie who ended up returning a field goal 109 yards for a TD. Not so great in the Pick 'Em league.

And then it was time for the first night in a new city ritual...


Iron your shirts for the week.

So far, it's been a nice trip. Not a bad day of travel. I'm here and I feel pretty good. I'm gonna do some work and then hit the rack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home