Thursday, October 25, 2007

Home now. Trying to get unstuck from some bad moments...

I'm wide awake well after midnight.

You are not going to believe the day I had when I get around to writing it up. I had a premonition about it, too.

Here's just one thing - we pushed back from the gate at FLL and were headed for take off when on the runway, the plane comes to an abrupt stop. Like brakes were slammed and every head on the plane snapped forward. And I should know because I was in boarding group C and in the very last row of seats that don't even recline. It was that sort of day.

And we sat there for a couple of minutes, that seemed like half an hour. And the pilot came on the loudspeaker to announce that one of the hydraulic systems failed. It spewed hydraulic fluid all over the runway. So we had to wait and then get towed back to the gate to get on another plane.


I couldn't help but think about the might have beens here. What if this happened at 30,000 feet? What if it happened in that no man's land of too high to crash and too low to glide? Or what if it happened when we were halfway down the runway and accelerating. I might have been on the news. And not in a good way.

And then a few dozen other annoying and awful things happened.

And I am home now. And, of course, I'm amped up from the drive. I was all mellowed out - Hotel Yorba came on the iPod as I turned on to 29 from Butts Canyon Road. And it ended. And then THUMP! something hit my car. I thought it hit the roof, but it looks like it hit the windshield. No damage that I can see, but it's dark out. We'll see in the morning.

Or whenever I wake up if I can find a way to fall asleep. It might take some Jaggermeister and a boring book.

I was going to post a video for Joe. I didn't get any of the RC Boat racing, but thought he would settle for the young female contortionist in the plastic ball dancing on the pool. But it's 91 Meg, so I'm going to have to find some way to shrink it down.

But here's a screen grab...


Rachel usually does her yoga on the outside of the ball.

See Joe - way in the back there, you can see an RC Boat. Oh. Yeah. I mean...Yeah, that's it, I was shooting the boat races and this big plastic ball kept getting in the way.

And here's me in front of a classic Chevy truck I think Frank and Marla will dig. This is at Ragtops Auto Museum last night.


Oh, and I didn't get to see it, but I finished up with TSA just in time to catch the post game wrap up describing the Red Sox rout of the Rockies.

So despite the adversity and near death experiences, I am managing to end on some high notes.

Good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuz I'm glad you're not on the news.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home