Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bench Project

I did this a while ago. Like I said, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Anyway, I stopped in at Mendo Mill back in August. They were having a seasonal clearance. And I picked up an assemble it yourself bench for 30 bucks. I've been meaning to get one for a while so there's somewhere to sit by the pond.


I decided to give it a few coats of polyurethane to hopefully help it withstand the elements. Then I got this idea. I printed out the lyrics to Hotel Yorba on sticker paper and then sprayed the polyurethane on. It came out pretty cool, I think. And Rachel likes it. So I guess I done good.


Hotel Yorba is a big song for us because it came up a lot on our iPods while we were looking at houses and chose our place. Lots of lyrics hit home for us. Especially the parts about "people tellin' me don't move, I've got movin' on my mind," and "I've been thinking, bouta little place down by the lake," and "stompin' our feet on the wooden boards, never gotta worry bout lockin' the door." And so on. So that's why we name our place "The Hote Yorba." I even registered www.hotelyorba.com. But we haven't really done anything with it yet. Occasionally I get e-mails from White Stripes fans. So far nothing from Meg and Jack's attorney.

I still haven't moved the bench to the back yard pond area. But I have sat out front on it and fed the peacocks. We were down to two, but they had four babies this year. Hopefully they will survive.


Oh, and the last of my Koi fish disappeared. I couldn't find any remains, so I'm thinking some sort of bird got him. The neighborhood cats stay out of the yard because of the dogs, and I haven't seen any racoons around here. Possum, maybe? Anyway, I still have a bunch of little goldfish. And maybe I can figure out some way to screen off the pond and then I'll get some more Koi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home