Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today and tomorrow...

Today, my pool is green and my lawn is brown.

And Moe would like very much for me to come down and throw the ball for her.

At least the pond is clear. And there's a lot blooming.

And Jake did a great job of mowing what remains of our lawn today. I give it lots of water and I am pretty convinced that it's these nasty little flying bugs that are eating it up. I'm not going to bother trying to bring it back while we still have daytime temps in the upper 90s. I'll give it a go mid-September.

And we went for a drive together to run some errands and get some lunch. And we ate at Toxic Smell. And we had a lot of laughs. And there was an older, diminutive, and apparently at least slightly developmentally challenged woman working there. And Jake was wearing his Yankees jersey and hat with shorts. And the woman said, "So you like baseball, do you?" And I was impressed by how Jake handled what would have been, for me at his age, an uncomfortable situation. He smiled and said, "Yes." And then she said, "Well good luck with your game, I hope you win." And rather than trying to explain that he's only wearing the jersey because he's a Yankees fan, he just said, "Thanks."

After we ate and got up to leave, she came to wipe the table we just left. Jake said, "Thank you." And the woman let out this incredibly loud burp. A burp that was much too big for her small size. And she said, "You're welcome..." and then as we turned to leave, she said, "Excuse me." And we both managed to hold it together until we were outside and in the car before we burst out laughing.

It was a REALLY loud burp.

And tomorrow? Well, tomorrow is a special day for Rachel and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home