Monday, August 27, 2007

Five Years Sure Can Pass Quickly...

I was hoping to get this post up last Friday, but one thing led to another which led to something else and then we had to hit the road for Ted's house. I'll blog about our trip in the next day or so, but right now I want to take a minute to mark our anniversary.



Five years ago last Friday, Rachel and I were married. A lot of you who read this were there.




We've been through a lot and come a long way since then. And we've felt blessed every single day to have each other.

This song came up on our iPod while driving home from the coast on Sunday:

Neil Young - Stayin' Power


Our love, baby, feels so right
When you're smilin' in the morning light

I ain't leavin' no way


'Cause we got stayin' power
You and I

Stayin' power through thick and thin.


Gold and diamonds say you're mine
But true love opens the gates of time
And as we go on our way

We got stayin' power
You and I

Stayin' power through thick and thin


It sounds simple, but I couldn't say it any better, baby.

I love you, Rachel.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. My wife did a nice post on one of her blogs for our anniversary on the 21st of this month. It was our... 13th. Wow. That's a long time. It is nice to think I am thankful every day, but I gotta tell you - there are days that are more trying than others. ;-)

Once again - congrats & I hope you continue to live in harmony for years to come.

-Joe

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post my love, thank you. I love you too babe.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home